Romina Valladolid, Creative Director of Agencia Mejor Digital, was interviewed by Forbes Argentina and Forbes Ecuador. The main objective of the note is to be able to help and guide companies so that they can integrate TikTok and Reels into their Digital Marketing strategies, talking about Social Networks, Innovation and Generation of valuable content.
How to use TikTok and Reels to do business
The most effective strategies to reach potential customers through short videos.
TikTok changed the lives of hundreds of content generators. The recipe for the short videos was the winning letter of the Asian application that, in the midst of a pandemic, conquered millions of people confined to their home.
From one day to the next it became customary to see recipes, dances and even mini-stand-ups of a few seconds. And it even became something much more than a habit: because some users became millionaires for knowing how to use the tool.
But the range was not only open to influencers. Also large, medium and small companies now have the possibility of reaching their audience in an original and creative way. And not only through TikTok, since the fashion for short videos was also adopted by Instagram, although with a different name: Reels.
According to Statista, in February of this year the number of monthly active users of TikTok in Argentina exceeded 1.5 million. After the boom, attempts came from other platforms to appropriate this trend, from Facebook to YouTube.
Romina Valladolid, from Agencia Mejor Digital, explained that short videos are the perfect way to communicate as they are one of the favorite content formats on social networks. “If the brand is aimed at teenagers between 16 and 24 years old, TikTok is a space to take advantage and show themselves; On the other hand, if the ideal client is over 30 years old, it will be better to focus the resources and content strategy on Instagram”, explained the specialist.
To humanize a brand, increase engagement, strengthen the relationship with customers and publicize new products or services – he added – “it is necessary to generate valuable content with which the audience we reach feels identified and falls in love”.
How to make the best Reels?
Valladolid gave a series of aspects to consider when developing a brand strategy with short Instagram videos:
- Original, inspiring, fun and educational videos.
- Always with trending music or original audio created on Instagram.
- Use texts, filters and effects from Instagram.
- As short as possible (although it allows up to 60 seconds, between 15 and 30 is ideal).
- Make good use of hashtags (between 4 and 7 related to the content of each video).
- Low resolution videos.
- Let the text take up most of the viewport.
- Reuse content with watermarks or logos from other applications.
How to make the best TikTok?
Many brands want to have their profile active because it is fashionable and because the power of their figures is impressive: users spend approximately 52 minutes a day, with an average opening of the app 8 times per day, viewing more than 500 daily tiktoks . The best thing about TikTok is that any brand has the potential to go viral in an organic way, with the correct strategy to attract the attention of an audience that tends to move away from the mass media and is more inaccessible to marketing and traditional or invasive advertising.
It must be borne in mind that success is based on the content being created by users, as if the brand proposed a template (for example a challenge) and the followers ‘filled’ it with their own content (videos doing the challenge). So not all content will align with the brand’s usual style of communicating, in fact users almost always reverse challenges in their own way, in unexpected ways. For brands that have strict communication guidelines, it may not be a good idea to be on TikTok.said the expert Romina Valladolid from the Agencia Mejor Digital.
The TikTok algorithm shows users videos that match their interests, not just from the accounts they follow. “This means that it is a social network available to any pyme that, being creative, can start from scratch without followers and still attract the attention of new audiences,” she added.
These are the key points listed by Valladolid to incorporate TikTok into a content marketing strategy:
- Offer fun, entertaining, different and dynamic videos.
- Originality and the power of fun are more important to users than the quality of the videos. The aesthetics of the brand should not be completely neglected, but neither should it look ‘so institutional’ because the video is going to lose that ‘spark of authenticity’.
- Think, create and participate in Hashtag Challenges, challenges and viral challenges.
- Do not forget that TikTok is based on the UGC (User Generated Content), that is, we have to always look for users to generate content from brands. That is why it is important to give space by inviting to participate in the proposals, that the community becomes so involved that they want to upload videos related to the services or products of a brand.
- Creating advertising campaigns with TikTok Ads for business helps accelerate results and exposure. The ad formats are In-feed, Hashtag challenge, Brand takeover, Top-view video, and Branded lenses.
- Evaluate the possibility of having the collaboration of influencers and tiktokers with whom to generate content.
- Measure the engagement of the videos to make future decisions that allow you to connect even more with the audience.
What content to do in Reels?
We know that Instagram gives you more exposure compared to other formats every time we upload a video to Reels. It has up to three times as many views as a post in the Feed or an IGTV and, unlike stories, it does not disappear in 24 hours. Reels are visible to the entire community as Instagram shows them in the “Explore” tab, not just the followers of an account (and that is their true potential).explained from Agencia Mejor Digital.
When planning the Instagram Reels of the month, he clarified, “the ideal is that only 20% of the content is exclusively targeted for sale.” As revealed by the expert, there are tricks to “sell without selling” in Reels. The most important thing is to always add value to the audience, finding a balance between adapting the content to reach new people and at the same time respecting the values of the brand.
Some content ideas to create in Reels are:
- Show the benefits and characteristics of new products / services: for example in check-list format.
- Educational “How-to” content: instructions, tricks, advice, tips and mini tutorials on very specific topics and valuable information that can help the audience to solve tasks.
- Answer frequently asked questions: about information that followers usually consult and thus make the response by the brand more entertaining.
- Share behind the scenes: excellent resource to humanize a brand, for example showing how products are manufactured or the internal processes of the company.
- Apply storytelling: tell intimacies about the history and creation of the brand and who makes it up, we can generate closeness with the audience.
- Trends: keep an eye out for challenges, songs, dances, and audios that are viral and fit with brand values, or (why not?) Create your own trend and ask followers to join in on the fun.
What content to do on TikTok?
“On TikTok, on the other hand, the sale must be perceived even much less and even disappear as the main objective of the brands. We must not treat the audience only as a passive recipient of information, but rather make them feel part of the brand and participate in the proposals. Therefore, the classic institutional videos are not going to work. The focus has to be on creating fun and creative proposals based on the message we want to give as a company ”, he considered.
What can you record videos of for TikTok? Some ideas are:
- Design an entertaining challenge: users like challenges that put their creativity, time and effort at stake, because they perceive it as an opportunity to show what they are capable of doing.
- Upload videos using Lip Sync by synchronizing the movement of the lips with the track of a dialogue, a song, a conversation or a joke, for example.
- Show the day-to-day of brands, specifically the people who are part of them, in a funny and entertaining way, allowing users to laugh with your brand.
- Hacks to solve tasks in a simpler way than normal.
- Trends such as dancing, acting, song dubbing, series, movies, memes, reactions and viral duets.
What applications to use to make Reels and TikTok?
InShot: it is one of the free apps par excellence to edit videos from your cell phone. In addition to the usual features, it has many effects to incorporate into the videos, stickers, fonts, voice over, the option to add images and a list of songs without copyright.
VLLO: it is a very easy to use video editor and does not leave watermarks, even without paying. You can trim, split, speed up, reverse, rearrange and add additional images or videos, add texts, transitions, music and sound effects royalty free. It stands out for having zoom to zoom in and out of video scenes, filters and color correction.
VivaVideo: it is a very intuitive and simple app with professional multilayer editing tools, texts, effects and speed adjustment. It allows you to include music, trim, merge and even includes a voice changer to make videos more fun.
VideoShow: it has a very clear interface, a large catalog of free music and common features such as cropping, filters, emojis or stickers, etc. It includes super useful options like reverse, rotate, slow motion, and add subtitles.
Spotify has playlists to inspire and take them into account when choosing what music to accompany the next videos. The songs that are being played the most on TikTok are in “TikTok Hits”, “TikTok Viral” or “TikTok Prom”, and for Instagram Reels we find the best in “Reels Music 2021”.
👉 Read the full note “How to use TikTok and Reels to do business” in Forbes Argentina
👉 Read the full note “How to use TikTok and Reels to do business” in Forbes Ecuador
We are experts in Social Networks
From Agencia Mejor Digital we are ready to guide and accompany you to carry out the best strategy for your Social Networks.
Also, we advise you with all the important aspects that we mentioned in the note that Forbes Argentina and Forbes Ecuador made us, so that we can achieve together the objectives of your brand on TikTok and Reels. Learn more about our Community Management service!
Get in touch with our team today and let’s start working together!